In line with the Victorian Government’s ongoing response to COVID-19, visitor restrictions remain in place at all Central Highlands Rural Health campuses. For more information please call the relevant campus and ask to speak to the nurse in charge.
Aged Care visitor restrictions will ease from 6pm Friday 29 October 2021
Key changes will include:
• Visits will no longer be limited to specified reasons
• Each resident is allowed up to five visitors per day
• Visits by prospective residents are allowed
• Visitors are not required to be vaccinated while it is strongly encouraged and recommended
• Where visitors are not fully vaccinated, all visits should occur either outdoors or in the resident’s own room(s). Unvaccinated visitors should not remain in common areas.
All visitors must agree to:
• Complete a pre-entry screening questionnaire on arrival at the facility
• Agree to have their temperature checked
• Keep socially distanced from the resident, patient and employees, at a minimum distance of 1.5 metres apart at all times
• Have no more than 5 visitors per day and only visit in the designated space, agreed with the manager
What to expect during your in-room visit?
• Visitors are asked to contact the facility to book their preferred time to visit (Ideally this will be between 11-3pm to ensure staff availability to support your visit)
• Upon arrival visitors are asked to use the doorbell to alert staff to their arrival
• Visitors will need to sign the visitor register, complete the pre-entry screening questionnaire, including having their temperature checked and wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitiser
• Visitors will then be escorted by an employee to the relevant area
• At the end of the pre-arranged visit, visitors will need to sign out of the visitors register. They will also have the opportunity to book another visit through reception and provide written feedback.
How to make a pre-arranged booking?
• All visits will need to be pre-booked by phoning the facility directly
Acute Hospitals visitor restrictions remain unchanged:
• No visitors are permitted into health care settings, except for end-of-life reasons, or a parent to accompany a child
• Non-essential contractors are restricted from entry
Our visitation program will always be governed by the relevant Victorian Government directions and we continue to review our visiting restrictions on a regular basis.
Thank you for your ongoing support and please free to contact the manager of your facility should you wish to share any feedback.