New restrictions have been introduced by the Department of Health and Human Services to reduce the spread of coronavirus into hospitals by people who may pose a risk and do not have an important reason to be there.
These restrictions are necessary to keep our vulnerable patients and residents safe.
The restrictions apply to our Acute Hospitals at Kyneton, Daylesford and Creswick as well as our Aged Care facilities in Trentham, Daylesford and Creswick.
All visitors can expect to be screened on entry and cannot visit if they:
- have been diagnosed with coronavirus and have not been discharged from isolation
- have arrived in Australia within the last 14 days
- have recently come into contact with a person who has a confirmed case of coronavirus
- have a temperature over 37.5 degrees or symptoms of acute respiratory infection.
Please be aware that all visitors will have their temperature taken prior to gaining access to the facility.
All visitors must:
- enter the building by the main door
- perform strict hand wash upon arrival and prior to leaving the building
- perform strict hand washing upon entering a patients or resident’s room
- visit alone, or with one other person at the same time
- limit their visit to up to 30 minutes, once a day
- Have an up to date vaccination against influenza, if such a vaccination is available to the person
- Be over 16 years of age
Visitors should speak to the nurse in charge if the visit is for the purpose of end of life support for a patient or resident.
These restrictions are subject to change. We are responding to a rapidly changing situation and appreciate your understanding and cooperation with these important restrictions.