On Sunday 13th March, Central Highlands Rural Health staff and their families marched in the 25th ChillOut street parade in Daylesford. The event was an opportunity to celebrate the diversity of our employees, patients, clients and the communities in which we provide healthcare services. The crowd showed overwhelming support for our organisation with many members of the public thanking staff for their care of the community.
Our commitment to diversity:
- Central Highlands Rural Health recognises, supports and celebrates the diversity of the communities within which we work.
- Our services are delivered to people of all ages and health status with a focus on care of the aged and disadvantaged.
- We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society.
- We work with individuals and groups from a wide range of backgrounds, interests and experiences.
- We recognise the important attributes that those who followed from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds have brought to our communities.
- We welcome people of different sexual orientations and gender identities, who are a significant portion of our population and who have helped shape our local culture
- We appreciate the challenges experienced through financial disadvantage and endeavour to consider the impact it has upon people, when providing services.
For more information please visit www.chrh.org.au/about-us/diversity/