As community restrictions across the country begin to ease, our view of relaxing visiting restrictions continues to evolve. We will progressively return to normal visitor access however for the time being, any visits to our homes need to be controlled and highly screened to manage the risk that COVID-19 presents to our resident community.
As a first step in our gradual unwinding of visitation restrictions, we will introduce safe resident visits from Monday 11th May.
Families are invited to book pre-arranged visits via a booking form, either online or by calling the home directly:
Trentham: https://bit.ly/TrenthamACF or 5421 7230.
Daylesford: 5321 6517
Creswick: 5345 9130
This allows us to control the number of visitors within the home at any given time.
Our guidelines require that all visitors:
- Complete a pre-entry screening questionnaire on arrival to the home
- Provide written evidence of their 2020 influenza vaccination. Appropriate evidence may be a statement or record from a health practitioner; or an immunisation history statement available from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
- Agree to have their temperature checked
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Always keep socially distanced from the resident and employees at a minimum distance of 1.5 metres apart
- Have no more than two people visiting at a time.
As you might appreciate these guidelines are administratively complex and we appreciate your patience whilst we work to provide residents and families with a safe way to meet face to face.
Initially, to provide an opportunity for all residents to receive a family visit in a controlled and safe manner, visits will be offered for a 30-minute period. The visits will be available from Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm.
Over the next month, if Australia continues to see a reduction in COVID-19 infection rates and the proportionate risk to our residents is reduced, the frequency and length of visits may be increased and/or the allocated times may be extended to include evenings and weekends.
What to expect during your visit?
- Visitors are asked to arrive at the home 10 minutes prior to their appointment time
- Visitors are asked to wait outside the double doors entrance to the home and ring the bell, a team member will greet you
- Visitors will be asked sign the home’s visitor register, complete the pre-entry screening questions, as well as having their temperature checked
- Visitors will use hand sanitiser to thoroughly clean their hands
- Visitors will be escorted to either a designated visiting room or to the resident’s room
- Following the allocated time period, visitors will have the opportunity to provide written feedback prior to signing out in the visitors’ book.
We will continue to offer visits to family members on compassionate grounds according to the personal situation of the resident, as we have done so during the past month. Please contact your facility manager if this relates to you.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this current climate.